Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Streams and Podcast: Reaching the Audience You Want



     When it comes to marketing a product or service, the difficulty doesn't come from the product itself, but rather the advertisement of the product. I think many would agree this to be true; and with Valentine's Day only a few days away, by now you have probably had your fill of flowers, heart shaped candy boxes and stuffed animals (but probably not.) When I set out two years ago to make a name for myself by making this blog, I never thought it would become, some sort of, a company name. "Angelicomics" doesn't really make a lot of sense at first glance, but it can be pronounced a few ways. I have always preferred it to be pronounced "An-Jel-E-Comics," but I also like that it can be pronounced "Angel-Eye-Comics. The play on words is a form of marketing. We see it every day and sometimes the signs are subliminal.

Get Me Online!

     So, Chris why are you telling me this? Well, the answer is simply that I want to talk about the expansion that is currently happening with this blog. The benefit to you, the reader, is that now there are many new ways for you to enjoy the awesome content that Angelicomics has to offer. This new type of media I will be doing, and have already started, is, of course podcasting and streaming content. This blog has always been focused on bringing fact and opinions of comic book culture to light. To ask the tough questions and to think critically on them is not only scientific, but necessary for progress.


     My friend Spencer has recently started his first podcast, "Cover to Cover" and I have been lucky enough to be a reoccurring guest on it for the last few weeks in a row. Each week we have been getting together to talk about what has been going on in comics and our thoughts on the cinematic universes for Marvel and DC as of late. I highly encourage you, if you are reading this, to hop over to the "Cover to Cover" site and give it a quick like. I think the material, although spoilers may be involved, will be thought provoking and might help give viewers a better appreciation for comics without actually spending money on them each week, (unlike us nerds.)

and

     The other new form of media sharing I have been embarking on is my Twitch Channel. What can I say about Twitch that hasn't been said before? Nothing new, that's for sure. I only recently discovered streaming and have had a blast learning to use new technologies to make intellectual conversation a reality. For those that don't know, Twitch is a channel streaming site. I really want to use this stream to spark conversations live with viewers and interact with people in real time. On an interesting note, I am able to stream gaming content while I chat. Until I get a webcam, it seems to make for a more interesting stream than just having me sit there and talk. But I am sure everyone would love that too...right? 
http://www.twitch.tv/angelicomics


     Real quickly, I want to give a shout out to the Gem City Comic Con coming to the Nutter Center for its 10th year. Myself, along with the Comic Book League from Wright State University will be hosting our panel discussion for the second year in a row, regarding the evolution of comics. Hopefully with your help we can come up with some awesome questions that need answering about comics and the media surrounding them. If you have an interesting/ intellectual question, please submit it below or you can leave it on our Facebook page by clicking the picture below. Also, Rob Liefeld will be there. Until next time guys.


https://www.facebook.com/Angelicomics

No comments:

Post a Comment